The Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Specifi cation provides remote access to multiple users from different locations for networking. It also allows a system administrator to monitor system health and manage computer events from a remote location.
2. Important Note to the User
The graphics shown in this knowledgebase article were based on the latest information available at the time of publishing of this article. The IPMI screens shown on your computer may or may not look exactly like the screen shown in this knowledgebase article.
3. Connecting to KVM Console Server Using IPMI
3.1 To Log In
1. Open web browser and connect to the IPMI server using the IP address provided to you, for example, http://10.200.128.2. The following screen will display:
2. Enter your username and password provided to you and click login.
3. The IPMI Home Page will display on the next page.
3.2 Navigate to Console Redirection Submenu
1. Navigate to Remote Control > Console Redirection using the top menu bar on the IPMI main page. The Console Redirection will display in the main window.
2. Click Launch Console to launch console window
3. Download pop-up window will appear. Make sure to "Open with: Java(TM) Web Start Launcher" is selected. If so, click OK to continue to console window.
4. Cosnole window will appear.
4. Troubleshooting Keyboard/Video/Mouse Connection
Select 'IKVM Reset'. This will not reset the IPMI nor reset the server. This will only reset the virtual keyboard, video, and mouse connection.